Welcome to Dr. Mike's Homepage
COVID-19 DISTANCE LEARNING
Welcome to my webpage where we are now focusing on distance learning until May 1 or possibly later depending on the state of emergecy in the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I know that this is an inconvenience for some of you and to some it is like a LONG vacation, but keep in mind that the school year is not over yet. Also, on a positive note, there is no dress code, you can use the restroom when you like for as long as you like, and you are not being told to put your cell phones away!!!
Ok, on to fun stuff, you are enrolled in one of my four classes: Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, Physical Science or Biology. Regardless of which class you are in, the same academic rules apply:
1. There will be two assignments per week. The assignments will be posted and available on Wednesdays and they are due to be turned in virtually by the following Wednesday to receive full credit.
2. All assignments must be turned in online. You cannot physically deliver the assignments to the school. I will do my best to make sure that all assignments are editable. Some options include:
- Fill in the assignment, attach it to an email and send it to me
- Print out the assignment, complete it, take a picture of it and email it to me
3. YOU NEED TO LOG INTO SKYWARD TO CHECK YOUR GRADES!
4. IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY FAILING MY CLASS, YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL ASSIGNMENTS AND TURN THEM IN IN ORDER TO HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PASS THE CLASS FOR THE YEAR!!
5. IF YOUR GRADE IN MY CLASS IS LOWER THAN WHAT YOU WANT, YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL ASSIGNMENTS AND TURN THEM IN IN ORDER FOR YOUR GRADE TO POTENTIALLY INCREASE FOR THE YEAR!
6. On a positive note, there will be no tests through distance learning. All assignments will be placed in ONE CATEGORY and those assignments will determine your grade for the 4th quarter.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email. Stay safe and do your best!!