Welcome to Mrs. Kinsler's Class!
Monday, August 24, 2020
Welcome Parents and Students! School starts today and whether you are an in-person student or studying on-line, it is my goal to give your the best educational experience possible. This year, all of my classes will be loosely formatted the same. All students will complete the majority of the classwork on-line via Microsoft Teams.
For online learners, please login to your MCPS portal at the beginning of your class period. Select Office 365, then click on Microsoft teams. There you will find instructions for your class under the English I tab. In-person learners, will follow the same procedure using devices in the classroom.
I recognize that this is unchartered territory for most of us. This transition may not be as seamless as we would like it to be. However, we are capable of making this experience positive and enriching. Let us all remember to be patient, considerate and attentive! Academic success is based on growth and that happens over time. As we embark on this new journey, listed below are a few things you may want to consider before moving forward.
- Reliable access is essential. Not all online platforms will work well with all mobile devices. Be sure to troubleshoot your technology early in the process to insure accessibility.
- Create a setting. Have a specific time and place to devote to the lessons and assignments given.
- Establish a routine. Schedule work sessions to allow for breaks as needed.
- Be accountable. It is a great practice to partner with a classmate for keeping each other on track.
- Communicate! Always, always, always, reach out if you are feeling, lost, confused or overwhelmed.
I am here to address any questions or concerns you may have. I can be contacted directly at Madelene.James-Kinsler@marion.k12.fl.us.
Have a great day, do good things and make good decisions!
This is for you!