HOPE and Weights
Number of credits: One credit (1)
Daily materials: Text book, paper, pen or pencils, journal (composition notebook or spiral notebook)
Grading policy: 45% test and quizzes, 45% class work, 10% homework. This course will use a point grade system. The points will be equal to the following letter grade:
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = <60
Make-up/late work: If you are absent, it is your responsibility to ask for work. Any late work will be graded 10 points off each day.
Behavioral expectations: All students have a right to learn in a comfortable atmosphere. In this classroom common courtesy and respect should be given not only to the teachers but to fellow students. I expect my students will be: prompt, prepared, polite and positive. I will go over all policies and procedures with students in class.
Policies and Procedures
- Only one person to be out of the classroom at a time (bathroom breaks etc.) No exceptions. No bathroom breaks 10 min. after or before the bell. Don’t ask to go to the restroom while I am teaching or we are reading aloud. Just don’t get out of your seats during those times.
- Cell phones are not allowed I should not see them or hear them or will be confiscated for the remaining of period, this includes phone chargers.
- No sleeping or laying head on desk I expect everyone to participate in class.
- No food or drinks other than water. Also gum chewing should not be seen or heard.
- Everyone must be in their seats at tardy bell. On the third tardy a parent will be contacted. Forth tardy you will be sent to the discipline office.
- Respect…. Respect… Respect (no cursing, arguing, yelling, with your teacher or peers).
- Of course hands are to be kept to yourself at all times. (Personal space)
- No prejudice or discrimination of any kind will be tolerated.
- No talking while the teacher is talking and always raise your hand and be polite.
- No bullying (Bullying is an act of repeated aggressive behavior in order to intentionally hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person).
- Severely disruptive behavior such as repeated disruptions, fighting, cursing, physical assault, or verbal abuse of the teacher will result in immediate referral to the assistant principal or school security officer.
- Fire drill and code red violations will result in a referral.