Mrs. Kelch’s 7th Grade Math Syllabus
The concepts and procedures of mathematics are investigated and developed by building mathematics vocabulary, solving problems, using reasoning skills, communicating knowledge and understanding how mathematical ideas are connected to other subjects and to real life.
Please see LWMS supply list
***For Math - composition book and 5 duotang folders
50 minutes daily
Building 4 - Room 207
Name: Julie Kelch
LWMS Phone Number: 671-6120
- Rational Numbers
- Expressions and Equations
- Ratio and Proportional Relationships
- Applying Proportional Relationships
- Expressions and Equations Replay
- 2-D Geometry
- 3-D Geometry
- Triangle and Angle Exploration
- Samples and Populations
- Geometric Replay
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 59 and Below
10% = Homework
45% = Classwork / Quizzes
45% = Test / Projects
Homework will be kept in the student’s LWMS Binder in the math section. This will be collected after each unit. If absent, please read make-up work policy below.
Makeup Work Policy:
Students shall be allowed to make up work missed due to absences, or suspensions from school. It is the responsibility of the student with the teacher's help to make up work missed.
If a student is out for a prolonged absence, then the parent can request from guidance (671-6122) their make-up work. A parent must, however, give at least 24 hours notice prior to picking up the work.
Classroom Procedures and Policies:
- Students are to enter quietly, take out class supplies, and begin Bellringer.
- Students are to keep Bellringer and Homework in the LWMS Binder and all class notes will be kept in their composition book. Classwork and Homework will be collected and graded. Composition Books will be graded quarterly, depending on notes entered.
- Students are expected to participate in whole and group discussions. Each student will have a name card which are drawn randomly for questions and discussions.
- At the end of the period, students are to remain seated and wait for teacher dismissal.
Classroom Expectations: Discipline Policy:
- Be on Time and Ready to Learn. 1. Verbal correction.
- Be Respectful 2. Teacher / Student Conference.
- Bring all Class Supplies 3. Phone call home.
- Politely raise hand to ask question or to get out of seat. 4. Referral.
- Cell phones are turned off and put away.