7th grade math
- 08/13-08/22 POLICIES, PROCEDURES, MATHEMATICAL PRACTICES, i-READY DIAGNOSTIC
- 08/23-09/10 UNIT 1: Integers
- 09/11-09/28 UNIT 2: Rational Numbers
- 10/01-10/12 DISTRICT ASSESSMENT Units 1 and 2
- 10/01-10/25 UNIT 3: Expressions and Equations
- 10/26-11/02 UNIT 4: Inequalities
- 11/05-11/16UNIT 5: Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- 11/26-12/07 UNIT 6: Applying Proportional Relationships
- 12/07-12/19 SEMESTER 1 REVIEW AND TESTING
- 12/07-12/19 DISTRICT ASSESSMENT Units 1 through 6
- 01/03-01/07 UNIT 7: Expressions and Equations Replay
- 01/08-01/25 UNIT 8: Geometry 2D
- 01/28-02/08 UNIT 9: Statistics Geometry 3D
- 02/11-02/22 UNIT 10: Triangle and Angle Exploration
- 02/25-03/15 UNIT 11: Probability
- 03/04-03/14 DISTRICT ASSESSMENT Units 1-11
- 03/25-03/29 UNIT 12: Samples and Populations
- 04/01-04/12 UNIT 13: Statistics
- 04/15-05/10 UNIT 14: Geometric Replay and Review for FINAL EXAM
- 05/01-05/24FLORIDA STANDARDS ASSESSMENTS (FSA)
These are tentative dates and are subject to change.
PROCEDURES & EXPECTATIONS
ALL STUDENTS are expected to be punctual, prepared for class and ready to learn. The first five to 10 minutes of class are devoted to completing bell work. The class will then discuss the bell work. A guided lesson will follow and then the class will then break up into small groups.
- This is a candy/food/gum/drink free zone. Water in a clear bottle is acceptable.
- ALL students will be respectful of adults and other students.
- Students will be considered tardy if they are not in their seat by the end of the bell.
- Cell phones are to be off and away.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LEARNING! A good faith effort WILL be put forth. Feel free to ask for help once you have attempted to work a problem on your own.
- Raise your hand and wait to be called upon. Wait for permission to leave your seat.
- Changes/additions may be made to procedures and expectations as the need arises.
Class/Daily Assignments, Quizzes, & Learning Checks 45%
Tests, Projects, & Presentations 45%
Homework is due on Fridays unless otherwise noted. Late work will be accepted but will be assessed a penalty dependent upon the number of days late. If absent, the homework is due the day the student returns to class for work assigned before the absence. Homework assigned during the absence will be turned in according to the number of days absent.
Makeup Work Policy
Students shall be allowed to make up work missed due to absences, or suspensions from school. It is the responsibility of the student with the teacher's help to make up work missed.
If a student is out for a prolonged absence, then the parent can request from guidance (671-6122) their make-up work. A parent must, however, give at least 24 hours’ notice prior to picking up the work.
I recommend students have their own calculator. The calculator used on the FSA is a Texas Instrument TI-30Xa. The extra practice with the calculator with the different functions at home is valuable. It can be purchased at Walmart for approximately $9.00. Calculators will be provided in class for those who choose not to purchase their own.