7th grade math
- 08/10-09/05 UNIT 1: Integers
- 09/05-09/25 UNIT 2: Rational Numbers
- 09/25-10/06 DISTRICT ASSESSMENT Units 1 and 2
- 09/25-10/23 UNIT 3: Expressions and Equations
- 10/23-11/01 UNIT 4: Inequalities
- 11/01-11/14 UNIT 5: Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- 11/14-12/07 UNIT 6: Applying Proportional Relationships
- 11/27-12/08 DISTRICT ASSESSMENT Units 1 through 6
- 12/07-12/19 SEMESTER 1 REVIEW AND TESTING
- 01/03-01/23 UNIT 7: Probability
- 01/23-01/31 UNIT 8: Samples and Populations
- 01/30-02/12 UNIT 9: Statistics
- 02/12-02/15 UNIT 10: Expressions and Equations Replay
- 02/15-03/02 UNIT 11: Geometry 2D
- 02/20-03/02 DISTRICT ASSESSMENT Units 1-11
- 03/06-03/27 UNIT 12: Geometry 3D
- 03/27-04/09 UNIT 13: Triangle and Angle Exploration
- 04/09-04/27 FLORIDA STANDARDS ASSESSMENTS (FSA)
- 04/27-05/22 REVIEW FOR FINAL EXAM/PREP FOR 8TH GRADE
- 05/22-05/24 FINAL EXAM
These are tentative dates and are subject to change.
PROCEDURES & EXPECTATIONS
ALL STUDENTS are expected to be punctual, prepared for class and ready to learn. The first five to 10 minutes of class are devoted to completing bell work. The class will then discuss the bell work. A guided lesson will follow and then the class will then break up into small groups.
- This is a candy/food/gum/drink free zone. Water in a clear bottle is acceptable.
- ALL students will be respectful of adults and other students.
- Students will be considered tardy if they are not in the classroom by the end of the bell.
- Cell phones are to be off and away.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LEARNING! A good faith effort WILL be put forth. Feel free to ask for help once you have attempted to work a problem on your own.
- Changes/additions may be made to procedures and expectations as the need arises.
Class/Daily Assignments, Quizzes, & Learning Checks 45%
Tests, Projects, & Presentations 45%
Homework is due the next scheduled class period. Late work will not be accepted as we will be covering the homework in class. If absent, the homework is due the day the student returns to class for work assigned before the absence. Homework assigned during the absence will be turned in according to the number of days absent.
Makeup Work Policy
Students shall be allowed to make up work missed due to absences, or suspensions from school. It is the responsibility of the student with the teacher's help to make up work missed.
If a student is out for a prolonged absence, then the parent can request from guidance (671-6122) their make-up work. A parent must, however, give at least 24 hours’ notice prior to picking up the work.