Language Arts Syllabus
Mrs. Terri Galloway Lyons
Telephone: 352-671-6035 Ext 56256
Remind 81010 @nmmsway(your class period number) example 1st period - @nmmsway1
Language Arts Objective
In Sixth Grade Language Arts, students will be challenged to improve skills in reading, composition, oral communication, and logical argument. The grammatical, mechanical and syntactical skills of language are taught within the meaningful context of the writing process.
Make-up Work Procedures
If you are absent, you will have the number of days absent to make up work. I am available one day after school for students who would like to make up missed work. Parents need to contact me in writing to make arrangements.
Required Daily Materials
1 inch binder with dividers or Duo tang Folders
1 Compositon book
Pencils with erasers
personal ear buds
1st and 4th period - Kleenex
2nd period - red and green pens
3rd period - bottle of glue or sheet protectors
5th period - sandwich bags or Kleenex
6th period – index cards
1.) Enter the classroom quietly.
2.) Turn in homework and sharpen pencils.
3.) Backpack on the wall or up under your desk
4.) Quietly complete Bell Work.
5.) Read or begin classwork
1) Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
2) No food, drinks or gum.
3) Remain in your seat and work quietly.
4) Respect yourself and others.
5.) Always do your BEST.
1) Verbal warning
2) Time Out Desk (parent notified)
3) Time Out in another class (behavior infraction log and parent notified)
4) Time Out in another class (behavior infraction log and parent notified)
5) Time Out in another class ( Electronic infraction, parent notified and Dean Referral)
Class Work, Quizzes 40%
Tests, Projects, and Presentations 50%
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 59 and below
- Homework will be assigned weekly. Homework will help reinforce skills we are working on in class. Homework will also consist of incomplete classwork.
- Class work – will be completed in their notebook and will be submitted when requested by teacher. Late classwork will be reduced 10 points for each day late.
- Projects are creative extensions from literature and writing assignments that will include performances, essays, and speeches.
- Quizzes will generally assess mastery of essential skills taught during the unit.
- Tests will assess reading comprehension, writing fluency, and grammar
WHAT IS REMIND AND WHY IS IT SAFE? Remind is a free, safe, and messaging tool that helps teachers share behavior concerns, classwork and homework assignments with students & parents. Parents text number 81010 with the following
First Period @nmmsway1
Second Period @nmmsway2
Third Period @nmmsway3
Fourth Period @nmmsway4
Fifth Period. @nmmsway5
Sixth Period. @nmmsway6