Grades K - 5 VE Exceptional Student Education
Building 15 Room 13
Welcome to my classroom page! Students will be working on their grade level from textbooks, flashcards, group activities as well as individualized educational activities.
All of my educational activities will focus on performance tasks that may include:
- Recognizing and identifying information
- Providing examples
- Describing information
- Accessing information using different sources
- Understanding the impact and consequences of one’s actions
- Making appropriate choices
- Traveling the campus to practice skills learned in class
- Demonstrating knowledge through application both in and out of class
- Games and activities
- Role playing
- Guest speakers
- Hands on activities to show understanding
Ms. VanDevender’s Discipline Plan
2019 – 2020
- Verbal Warning/moving clip on discipline chart
- Chill out area
- Parent Contact
- Note Sent Home
- Disciplinary Action
Students are expected to follow school wide expectations and the county code of student conduct at ALL TIMES.
When misbehavior or non-compliance occurs, I like to deal with it within my classroom. I will do my best to work with you and your child to come up with a solution to improve student performance in the school setting. It is for that reason that two of my four steps involve parental contact. If we work together, I believe we can make a wonderful difference in the life of our student.
If you have any questions, concerns or information that you would like to share with me, feel free to contact me at any time. Please leave me a message and I will return your call as soon as I possibly can. I look forward to getting to know you as the year progresses. Let’s make it a great year!
I expect student to put forth their best effort and try to learn the material.
I expect student to be on their best behavior.
I expect students to be respectful of others in the classroom.
Helpful Math Links: