In accordance with the Florida Standards your child will learn the follow Language Arts skills…
Reading Foundational Skills
- I can recognize the distinguishing features of a sentence.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds.
- I know and can apply grade level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- I can read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
Speaking and Listening
- I can participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 1 topics and texts.
- I can ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
- I can describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.
- I can add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions when appropriate to clarify ideas, thoughts, or feelings.
- I can produce complete sentences when appropriate to task and situation.
- I can write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or name the book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply a reason for the opinion, and provide some sense of closure.
- I can write informative texts in which I name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure.
- I can write narratives that recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
- I can focus on a topic, respond to questions and suggestions from peers, and add details to strengthen writing with guidance and support from adults.
- I can use a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including collaboration with peers, with guidance and support from adults.
- I can participate in shared research and writing projects.
- I can recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question with guidance and support.