Welcome to Ms. Dennis's 2nd Grade
Ms. Dennis 2nd Grade Class
Wednesday, April 1st, we will begin our virtual learning. If you have any questions I am available through Class Dojo and email. While we are practicing distance learning we will be using Google Classroom. Students will log onto their student desktops to access Google Classroom. Please check Google Classroom to locate your child's weekly assignments and for important information. Hope you are all safe and doing well!
Google Classroom Information
2nd Grade will be using Google Classroom for lessons and attendance recording.
To Get to Google Classrooms
- Google classroom is a tile on the MCPS Desktop.
- This is the same desktop where GoMath Think Central, Social Studies Weekly, STEMScope for Science, and iReady. These are all resources we will be using.
- Click on Google Apps at the bottom.
- Then click on Google Classroom.
- You should see a class called Ms. Dennis’s 2nd Grade Class.
- In the bottom right corner of the tile is accept. Please accept.
- If you do not see the accept button click the plus sign in the upper right corner. Click join class and use this code: 7f6eawe
- Make sure you are on your student's email. You can check this by clicking the icon in the far upper right corner.
Each week students will receive lessons in ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies in Google Classroom. Art, Music, or PE will have 1 assignment.
Week of April 1-3
- 1 assignment in ELA
- 1 assignment in Math
- 1 assignment in Social Studies
- 1 assignment in Music
- 3 assignments in ELA
- 3 assignments in Math
- 1 assignment in Science
- 1 assignment in Social Studies
- 1 assignment in Specials (either PE, Art, or Music)
Remember to have your child read at least 20 minutes a day... MyOn has some great books.
Iready: Students can also use Iready on the portal. 45 minutes for both reading and math programs.
Teacher Availability: I am available from 10-11am and 12:30-1:30pm. If you would like to schedule a specific time other than those listed please email or Dojo message me.
Ms. Dennis's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance: Attendance must be taken, even in an online setting. I will continue to take attendance during distance learning. Please do one of the following by 10am to let me know your child is present for the day.
1) Log into Google Classroom and send me a message.
2) Send me a message on Class Dojo.
3) Send me an email to email@example.com
Please see the below schedule fo ryour child's special are schedule. Visit their webpage during your child's scheduled week for specific assignment details.
Week of 4/1-4/3/20 Music: Mrs. Edwards
Week of 4/6-4/10/20 PE: Miss. Hatfield
Week of 4/13-4/17/20 Art: Ms. Powers
* Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
April 10, 2020
April 11, 2020
April 12, 2020
April 13, 2020
April 14, 2020
April 15, 2020
April 16, 2020
April 17, 2020
April 18, 2020
April 19, 2020