Welcome to Mrs. D'Esposito's Office!
Click here for -> COVID-19 PBIS Resources for Families
Click here for -> Love & Logic Resources for Families
Welcome to the "virtual discipline office" here at East Marion Elementary! During this time of distance learning, you can contact me by email at email@example.com or by phone at 352-537-7679, mornings between 8-9am and in the afternoons, between 1-2pm.
East Marion Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and as a result, we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow. East Marion uses PBS as our behavior intervention plan. Students that earn the right to participate in special activities throughout the year. We focus on Be Responsible, Own your Behavior, Be Safe. Students following these guidelines will be successful here at East Marion.
From time to time it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
LUNCH ROOM CONDUCT
We believe the following guidelines will help:
- Raise your hand if you need something.
- Talk softly to others at your table.
- Absolutely no talking when the lights are off.
- Follow dismissal direction.
- Always obey the lunchroom assistants.
- For health reasons, food may not be shared.
- Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated drinks for students and parents are asked not to include these items in their child’s lunchbox.
- Please pay for lunches, extra milk, or juice in the morning before classes begin. No money is accepted in the lunch line.
The following interventions will be used to correct student behavior:
- Verbal correction
- Private conference with student
- Change seat
- Behavior contract
- Parent contact
- Refer to guidance
- Time out
- Conference with Dean
NOTE: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all steps before writing a discipline referral.
REFERRAL TO DEAN’S OFFICE
A student’s failure to respond to the attempts by the teacher and parents to change or correct misconduct will result in a discipline referral being written and the student sent to the Dean’s office. East Marion Elementary will follow the Marion County Code of Student Conduct for Elementary Schools when a child is sent to the office for disciplinary reasons.
NO TOLERANCE BEHAVIORS
- Blatant disrespect
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol
- Willful disobedience/defiance
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device