Environmental Science Course Syllabus
Welcome to Environmental Science class. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your child better. My goal is to make sure that this year is exciting and productive for all of us.
SUPPLIES: You must be organized and ready to work each day. The following supplies are required:
science notebook, notebook paper, pencils, red pen, colored pencils, index cards, highlighter.
ABSENCE POLICY: You should make a strong commitment to attend class every day. Assignments will be posted in the classroom and on the FHS website under teacher websites. It is YOUR responsibility to find out what work you missed and to complete assignments when they are due. You will have 2 days to make up any missed work. If the assignment is not completed in the time given, the assignment will be recorded as a zero.
GRADING SCALE: HOW GRADES ARE CALCULATED:
100 – 90 A Class/Daily Assignments, Quizzes & 50%
89 – 80 B Tests, Projects & Presentations: 40%
79 – 70 C Homework: 10%
69 – 60 D
59 – 0 F
- Be in your seat and quiet when bell rings.
- Be prepared for class (Materials and Assignments).
- Ask for permission to leave your seat.
- Follow directions and stay on task.
- Respect others and their belongings.
- No cell phone use in class unless required for the lesson.
TARDY POLICY: It is your responsibility to arrive in class on time. Should your tardiness continue, you will be referred to the discipline office.
EXCESSIVE TALKING AND UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. The following is the procedure that will be followed to maintain an appropriate atmosphere for learning.
- Verbal Warning
- Time Out – Student will be removed from the distracting situation. Student will continue class work.
- Parent Contact – Parent will be contacted by phone or email.
- Discipline Office – Referral
CONTACT INFORMATION: Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or concerns. (352) 671-4700, email@example.com, FHS School Website
Let’s get ready to have a great year!