Welcome to Mrs. Pfriender's gifted/advanced language arts class! Students will be engaged this year in a variety of activities concentrating on language arts in 6th and 7th grade...with a gifted/advanced twist. In other words, I work to create a curriculum that will develop and challenge intellectual, emotional, social, and creative abilities while keeping in alignment with the district guidelines and statewide standards. I am so excited about this upcoming year!
Materials: Please bring these materials to class/school daily. During the year, other materials such as poster board, glue, markers, etc., will be needed for projects completed at home.
- three-inch binder
- OMS planner
- loose-leaf paper
- 1 pencil pouch
- 2 pencils
- 2 highlighters
- 2 blue pens
- 1 black pen
- 1 red pen
- 1 pack of colored pencils (set of 12)
- 1 set of 8 subject dividers
- book we are reading in class
- book for Silent Sustained Reading
- Come to class prepared with all materials and work.
- Remain in your assigned seat unless you have permission to get up.
- Talk only when permitted.
- Show respect for everyone in the class.
- Listen and follow directions.
Consequences: If a student breaks a rule, he/she will receive a verbal warning. If the behavior continues, I will contact parent/guardian. Almost always, this takes care of the issue, and I am so thankful to parents/guardians for this! However, if the behavior continues, then the student will be sent to Time-Out and then referred to guidance and/or discipline.
- A = 90 to 100
- B = 80 to 89
- C = 70 to 79
- D = 60 to 69
- F = 59 and below
- Homework: 10%
- Quizzes/Classwork: 50%
- Tests/Projects: 40%
Late Work/School-Wide Heading:
- Late work (except for minor homework that we check in class the day it’s due and go over the answers) will be accepted, but 20 points will be taken off.
- Papers turned in without a name and the correct school-wide heading will be marked down 5 points.
Planners: We will be using our planners daily to record homework (HW) assignments. The planner is a wonderful tool to help students and parents keep track of assignments.
Contact Information: If you have any questions, you may call me at 671-7100 during my planning from 1:45 to 3:00 pm or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.