Osceola Middle School
Wellness Department 2020-2021
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
The OMS Wellness/PE Department would like to offer your child a guide to a healthier way of life. This course uses the guidelines found in the Florida Standards incorporating the components of health and physical education. Through a variety of physical activities and health topic discussions, your child will become knowledgeable in determining future health and well-being habits.
Starting on Tues. Sept 1st, students will be participating in physical activities; so dress appropriate on the days you have PE. We will not be using locker rooms. Please wear shorts (mid-thigh length), a tee shirt, and athletic shoes. At minimum, wear athletic shoes! You may bring a small towel and deodorant. Please bring an identifiable, reusable water container. Be sure to have your mask with you at all times; in pocket or tucked into shorts in case of Fire Drills and/or going into portable/gym due to inclement weather. The PE Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items nor will we store items.
In order for your child to be safe and successful in this course, they must adhere to the following rules and procedures:
- For safety, no gum, food, or foreign objects in mouth during PE classes.
- Participate throughout the entire activity. Mask/Water breaks given throughout the class period.
- Display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Arrive on time and be prepared for class in proper attire.
- Do not bring sports items/equipment from home.
- No Cell phones allowed during PE. Keep them out of sight at all times.
- Students who do not wear the appropriate shoes may participate or walk the track. They can earn 8 of 10 points for class participation grade. If student refuses to participate; a “0” will be given for the daily grade.
Student assessments based on a Daily Class Assignment-participating in physical activities (50%), Tests (50%), and a written semester exam.
If for any reason you need to contact your child’s teacher, please feel free to e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 671-7100. Be sure to check our web-pages, too. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. We look forward to an exciting year.