The goal of this class is for every student to earn the required score on the FSA, ACT, or SAT so that they are eligible to graduate.
The typical week in Reading class is as follows:
Mondays – Quiz, New Vocab
Tuesday – Bookwork
Wednesday – IXL
Thursday/Friday – Practice Testing, Activities
• Vocabulary is affixes and roots.
• Bookwork is done from an ACT/SAT review book. Books are not available to take home.
• IXL is a computer-based program. • Mock ACT or SAT test will be given on block days.
Assignments are listed on my website on the school web page. Some assignments must be done in the classroom, not taken home.
Quarterly Assessment 10%
Makeup work and test retakes can be done before school by appointment.
• Make sure you know exactly what work you need.
• Check your portal and my website.
• Missing assignments are 0 not * on your portal
• No makeup work will be accepted more than 2 weeks after the due date.
If you do not like your bookwork grade you can come within 2 weeks and correct your mistakes to earn more points.