Teacher Contact Information Ms. Self – firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Production is a year long class that focuses on creating short movies. Students in the class will produce thirty second to five minute videos, taking each project from preproduction, through shooting, to post-production and editing. In addition, students will learn how to work with camera and editing equipment. The class is highly collaborative, student centered and results driven.
- To feel confident in the basics of creating and overseeing production (pre-production, production and direction).
- To learn the basics of operating video equipment (camera, audio, lighting).
- To learn to use digital editing and video elements together (images, sound, interviews, music) to convey a message, tell a story, and achieve communication goals.
- To extend students’ video production skills including writing, producing, directing, shooting and digital editing.
- To develop knowledge of different video genres and techniques.
- To allow students to explore and refine their conceptual and aesthetic styles, as well as their practical and technical skills.
- To help students discover where their particular interests and abilities lie.
- Student work may have he potential to be entered into the district contest.
- Be SAFE, Be RESPONSIBLE, Be RESPECTFUL of teachers, peers, equipment and environment.
- Students must be willing to work with others, and respect their own and others’ learning experiences.
- No food or drink of any kind allowed, except bottled water with a closeable lid
- Students must have permission from Ms. Self for any shoot or production outside of the classroom.