Life Science is the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution. Concepts are taught using an assortment of teaching strategies including the use of scientific inquiry, research, problem solving and experimental procedures. This year students will be studying Nature of Science, Microscopes, Cells, Human Body, Heredity & Reproduction, Diversity & Evolution of Organisms, Interdependence, Cycles of Matter & Energy
- Be here on time every day.
- Be Respectful : Be Nice and Be Quiet (talking is permitted while working w/ team or partner otherwise it is a disruption)
- Be safe: Follow directions at all times
- Be an active learner: Do your personal best and come prepared
- Be Responsible: Follow all classroom procedures
Grades will be based on student performance using the following percentages:
- Homework & Bell Work: 10%
- Formative Assessments (quizzes, learning checks, classwork, etc.): 50%
- Summative Assessments (Tests and Projects): 40%
Homework will be assigned at the beginning of the week and will be due by that Friday. Work can be turned in to the Inbox at any time during the week.