Volunteers change our world... and are changing our schools
Be a School Volunteer!
- Marion County Public Schools’ Volunteer Program is a district-wide effort encouraging and promoting community involvement.
- As partners in helping children learn your sacrifice in our classrooms is invaluable and highly beneficial.
- By sharing your time and talent, you help enrich the learning experience for students and provide much needed support for our school system.
- Everyone who comes into Marion County Public Schools has a valuable part to play in making this the best place it can be for learning.
- Every school in the county needs volunteers. School volunteers come from every walk of life and work with students of all ages. As a volunteer you provide what schools needs most:
- Talents and skills to share with students and teachers.
- Positive values that children can learn to help them success in school.
- Each school in the county has different needs, but the need that exists across the county is community involvement and support.
- School volunteers and business partners enhance student learning, enriching the educational opportunities available to students. School volunteers assist in:
- Career Awareness
- Guest Speaker
- Fine Arts
- Junior Achievement
- Field Trips
- School Advisory Council
- The Rock
- Media Centers
- Sporting Events
For questions about volunteer opportunities, reach out to the Communications and Community Engagement department at 352-671-7758 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe Schools processes all volunteer applications. Please reach out to Safe Schools with any if you have a question about the volunteer application process or to check on the status of your volunteer application.