Guidance and Counseling
Carol Graciani, Guidance Counselor
Welcome to the Guidance Office! Our mission as your child's counselors is to assist you and his/her teachers in facilitating Emerald Shore's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
We in the Guidance Office would like to invite you to come in and get to know us and the services we offer and those offered from this office. You may come by school or call between 7:10 and 2:55 and make an appointment with us. You don't need to wait until you have a problem or special reason! We hope that, together, we can lay a good foundation for future success and achievement by making your child's years at Emerald Shores Elementary a happy and rewarding learning experience.
- Help children understand themselves and others.
- Help to identify children with special needs.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing.
- Provide Character Education program.
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children.
- Provide orientation for children coming to Emerald Shores for the first time.
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Also housed in the Guidance Office are Ms. Daniels and Ms. Barrett. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Registration: All new students must register in the Guidance Office. Our personnel are familiar with all the requirements and can help you with questions, or click Enrollment & Withdrawal Process, under Parent's Corner, to get more information.
- Attendance: As parents it is your responsibility to assure your child/children have regular, timely attendance. However, if a child is not in his/her classroom at the second bell, he/she must check in at the Front Office before reporting to class. Also, if children are chronically absent, tardy, or picked up early, notices may be sent from the Guidance Office in accordance with Marion County School System policies and FL statutes. Please call the Front Office if your child is absent. Upon your child's return to school, send a hand-written note as to the reason for the absence. If your child was seen by a doctor, please send the doctor's note.
- Official Records: Your child's cumulative records are housed in the Guidance Office. If you need to review anything in the folder please call ahead and make an appointment for someone to go over the contents with you. If you need a copy of any document in your child's folder we can provide it for you. If you request more than two copies, a charge will be assessed at 5 cents per copy. Again, please call ahead and we will try and have it ready for you or will send it home via your child. If you are transferring out of Emerald Shores we will make sure all necessary documents are forwarded to your child's new school.
*If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards, interim reports, and other routine school information, please see your child's teacher. You will be required to provide self-addressed, stamped envelopes for this.