Guidance and Counseling
Miss Alison Polish, Counselor
Mrs. Laura Soule , Guidance Clerk
Christine Chapman, IPC
Please call: Guidance office at 352-671-6262 EXT. 51207
Ms. Polish at 352-671-6262 EXT. 51227
As stated in the district’s mission statement for school counseling, Marion County School Counselors will coordinate a comprehensive guidance plan for ALL students, leading to academic success, career awareness, and social/personal development.
Welcome to the Guidance Office! Our mission as your child's counselors is in concert with the Marion county School Counselor's Mission: "Marion County School Counselors will coordinate a comprehensive guidance plan to ALL students, leading to academic success, career awareness, and social/personal development." You may come by school or call during "teacher hours" and make an appointment with us. You don't need to wait until you have a problem or special reason!
- Help children understand themselves and others.
- Help to identify children with special needs.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing.
- Provide Character Education program.
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children.
- Provide orientation for children coming to Belleview-Santos Elementary for the first time.
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Facilitate Career Day event for students.
- Provide recognition for students bringing up grades with the B.U.G. Award Program.
All new students must register in the Guidance Office. Our personnel are familiar with all the requirements and can help you with questions. Registration hours are Monday-Friday 7:00AM - 11:00AM or 12:00PM - 1:30PM.
Your child's cumulative records are housed in the Guidance Office. If you need to review anything in the recordplease contact the Guidance Office at least 24 hours in advane to make an appointment. The School Counselor will review the records contents with you. If you need a copy of any document in your child's folder, we can provide it for you. If you request more than two copies, a charge will be assessed at 5 cents per copy. If you are transferring out of Belleview-Santos Elementary we will make sure all necessary documents are forwarded to your child's new school.
*If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards, interim reports, and other routine school information, please see your child's teacher. You will be required to provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for this.