6th grade World History looks at Ancient Civilizations from the stone ages to the Early Americas. Lessons will be taught in small and whole group presentation. Students will have quarterly projects in addition to homework.
For this course, students will be using "Discovering Our Past: A History of the World: Early Ages. The textbook can be found on the student portal.
To access the online addition, do the following:
1. Go to www.marionschools.net
2. Click on MCPS Desktop icon (looks like a computer)
3. Login to student portal
4. Click on icon that says course schedule (brown box with a book on it)
5. Next to each class will be a link that says eTextbook- click the link to the left of M/J WORLD
6. You will be taken to a page showing the title of the book, below it will be a box that says launch.
Click the box and the online textbook will open.
6th-8th Grade Critical Thinking uses Lego EV3 Robotics to think critically and problem solving. Students will build robots to do various adjectives. During the first semester students will design, build, and program a robot to compete in First Lego League competitions. In the second semester, students will build race cars, catapults, and other devices. Students will be introduced to computer coding using scratch and code.org.