Goals in Math for Students
Number & Operations in Base Ten
- Ordering Fractions and explain why they are equivalent
- Be able to use and explain unit fractions and relate what students know about arithmetic of whole numbers to the arithmetic of unit fraction.
- Able to use and explain unit fractions and relate what I know about arithmetic of whole numbers to the arithmetic of unit fractions.
- Knowing how to change fractions with denominators of 10 or 100 to decimals and can explain how these decimals differ in size.
Measurement and Data:
- Able to explain how unit size affects the measurement and can solve real world involving measurement, perimeter, and area.
- Create and explain line plot
- Draw, measure, and explain different concepts of angles
Current Standards are below
Draw and identify lines and angles to classify shapes
MAFS 4. MD 3.5 Recognize angles as geometric shapes that are formed wherever two rays share a common endpoint, and understand concepts of angle measurement:
a. An angle is measured with reference to a circle with its center at the common endpoint of the rays, by considering the fraction of the circular arc between the points where the two rays intersect the circle. An angle that turns through 1/360 of a circle is called a “one degree angle,” and can be used to measure angles
b. An angle that turns through n one-degree angles is said to have an angle measure of n degrees. !DOK1)
MAFS.4.MD.3.6- Measure angles in whole-number degrees using a protractor. Sketch angles of specified measure. (DOK 2)
MAFS.4.MD.3.7- Recognize angle measure as additive. When an angle is decomposed into non-overlapping parts, the angle measure of the is the sum of the angle measures of the parts. Solve addition and subtraction problems to find unknown angles on a diagram in real world and mathematical problems, e.g., by using an equation with a symbol for the unknown angle measure.( DOK 2)
Websites to visit
Engaging math platform covering all standards interactively.
Lessons are assigned. First go to Khan Acemdy.org.
Steps on how to use Khan Acedemy: First you need to create account using last name plus a number.( ex. douyard1), then add class code. 3F8NKQZR. Assignments can be ssen on the left.
During school, the students are logging in 3x a week for 15 minutes per session; they are working on individualized lessons based on their strengths and weaknesses. Students are allowed to work in this program at home also and should know their login information. Below is the login information incase your student has forgotten.
Imagine Learning on Students destop through the Marion County Portal
Username: marionfl.student number
Password : mcpsstudent
For Students with limited or no internet acccess: Use Go Math Chapter 10 and/or 11
Science for Students
Understand Practice of Science
- Understand the Scientific Method and each component in it (hypothesis, investigation/research, observation, data, conclusion)
- Other words to know: testable, model, trial, repeat, trials
Properties of Matter
- Able to compare and measure objects based on physical properties
- Identify properties of water in all states
- Explore Law of Conservation of Mass
- Investigate and describe that magnets can attract magnetic material
- Identify familiar changes in materials e.g. decaying of materials
Physical Forms of Energy
- Observe and describe basic forms of energy
- Describe that energy has ability to cause change in motion
- Explain that sound is created through vibrating
- Describe that water and air are source of energy
StemScopes can be found on student's desktop through the Marion County Portal