WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW
School Day – 7:45 A.M. to 2:05 P.M.
School Telephone Numbers
- Main (352) 671-6200
- Cafeteria (352) 671-6274
- Guidance (352) 671-6270
- Extended Day (352) 671-6273
- Transportation (352) 671-7050
Front Office Hours
7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- 6:30 A.M. – 7:45 A.M. and 3:05 – 6:00 P.M.
- $15.00 – Non-refundable Registration Fee
- $10.00 per child/week – Morning
- $38.00 per child/week - Afternoon
- $48.00 per child/week - Morning and Afternoon
Last school year, 5,341 MCPS volunteers put in more than 157,624 hours of their time to benefit students in Marion County Public Schools.
Parents are invited and encouraged to volunteer at school. Every effort will be made to find every parent a way to participate actively in his/her child's education.
Volunteers are needed to tutor students, shelve library books, make games, file papers, and chaperone field trips.
To volunteer at Sunrise, contact the school at 671-6200.
Sunrise Elementary is looking for a business partner to help the school. We are trying to keep up to date with technology and would like to purchase technology for the classrooms. Any monetary donations would be greatly appreciated and used to enhance Sunrise. In addition to the district business partner, Sunrise is accepting Partners in Education (PIE) donations.
For more information about PIE, please stop by and speak with our receptionist or Assistant Principal.
Parent Resource Center
We are pleased to provide a variety of resources to help parents support their child's success in school.
- Books, games and activities to support academic standards.
- Staff to work with students and parents (in English and Spanish) using education software.
We encourage you to visit the Parent Resource Center - it is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 to 4:00 PM.