Degrees and Certifications:
BFA Theater Arts, Valdosta State University Certified Teacher in Elementary Ed. K - 6, English/Language Arts 6 - 12, and Drama K - 12
Mrs. Alicia Tank
This is my eleventh year as a full time teacher. Prior to becoming an educator I was a homemaker for about two years. Before THAT, I was in retail management at an entertainment (music, movies, and more) store in Alabama. Whle English is by far where I'm happiest, I loved being an elemenatry school teacher for fifth grade. I taught just English and Social Studies for many years, but have also taught Math and Science. I also have experience teaching first through fourth grade.
I mentioned Alabama earlier. My husband and I lived there before returning to Florida. We settled in Marion County as this is where he was born and raised. I'm a Miamian. I graduated from Coral Gables Sr. High in 1990, the day before my eighteenth birthday. I took some time off before starting college in earnest; partly to save money and partly because I didn't know if I really wanted a degree. In 1998 I graduated from Valdosta State University. While in school I worked in retail management as well as being an on-air personality for a local radio station. Once I graduated, the entertainment company provided me the opportunity for advancement and a change of location; three times! I moved from Valdosta, GA to Leesburg, FL to Savannah, GA to Auburn, AL and finally to Dunnellon,FL all within seven years.
Some final trivia about me:
1. I met my husband in 2000.
2. We've been married 15 years.
3. Our first child was born in 2006, the second in 2008, and the last one in 2011.
4. I share my birthday with Cindy Lauper, Meryl Streep, and the Pledge of Allegiance.
5. I love Marvel more than DC, but my husband says I'm his Wonder Woman.
6. Hallmark movies make me happy but I don't have time to watch them.
7. I work out and diet all year for "pumpkin pie" season (Sep. - Dec.).
8. Teaching IS my dream job!