Welcome to English Language Arts
Mrs. Dunn's Distance Learning for the Week of May 11-16.
How to contact me:
- email: email@example.com
- Class dojo
- cell phone: 352-405-1120 Hours Available: 10:00-11:00 & 1:00-2:00 (each day)
- For technical issues with MCPS distributed chromebooks: Parent Service Desk helpline: 352-867-2100 Monday - Friday 7:30-4:30
Special Area Assignments:
- You must go to each of your special area teacher's homepage and look for your assignment. Follow their directions for completing and turning in work.
- ********PE: Mr. Seager https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/9558
- 5/26-6/1 Music: Mrs. Christie https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/22298
- 5/18-5/22 Art: Mrs. Vazquez https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/22297
Every Week Do These Activities:
- 50 minutes of i-ready reading. The time can be split up into 15 minute intervals just as long as all the minutes are completed Monday-Saturday. This is how the week is divided and allows me to see your progress and areas you need extra help in. Do 15 minutes of this lesson, then go into your teacher assigned lessons so you get everything completed by the end of the week.
- Read 20 minutes each night!
- iReady reading tile and states "teacher assigned". Complete all that are shown. I will be taking grades from them. Do your best to finish at least one teacher assigned lesson each day.
- Go on Myon and read 2 books (your choice) and take the test that follows. I will be taking grades from this, too.
Additional Activities for: May 25-30.
Find the tile for grade 4-5.
Work on Grade 4 & 5 Informative
lessons 9 teacher video -listen and follow along to learn about paraphrasing.
Skill: paraphrasing from a text
Assignment: paraphrase paragraphs 14 & 15 about Ancient Greece.