Welcome to Mr. Farrow!
Welcome to the 2022 - 2023 school year here at Romeo Elementary. You can contact me by phone at 352-465-6700.
Romeo Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on the positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and as a result we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow.
From time to time it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
LUNCH ROOM CONDUCT
We believe the following guidelines will help:
- Raise your hand if you need something.
- Talk softly to others at your table.
- Absolutely no talking when the lights are off.
- Follow dismissal direction.
- Always obey the lunchroom assistants.
- For health reasons, food may not be shared.
- Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated drinks for students and parents are asked not to include these items in their child’s lunchbox.
- Starting this school year (2013-2014), breakfast and lunch is free to all students; however, for extra items, money for your child needs to be sent in.
The following interventions will be used to correct student behavior
- Verbal correction
- Private conference with the student
- Change seat
- Behavior contract
- Parent contact
- Refer to guidance
- Time out
- Conference with Dean Wheeler
NOTE: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all steps before writing a discipline referral.
REFERRAL TO DEAN’S OFFICE
A student’s failure to respond to the attempts by the teacher and parents to change or correct misconduct will result in a discipline referral being written and the student sent to the Dean’s office. Romeo Elementary will follow the Marion County Code of Student Conduct for Elementary Schools when a child is sent to the office for disciplinary reasons.
NO TOLERANCE BEHAVIORS
- Blatant disrespect
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol
- Willful disobedience/defiance