Dunnellon Middle School
General Information and Guidelines
- Proper uniform is necessary for injury prevention and good physical activity performance. A white T-shirt, long dark basketball type shorts with elastic waist, socks and non-marking supportive gym shoes are required. Sweats or warm-ups may be worn over gym clothes, and tights may be worn under gym clothes on cold weather days only. Girls’ shorts must be longer than mid-thigh, no short-shorts allowed even with spandex underneath. Dress should be appropriate for Co-Ed classes.
- Locks and lockers will be issued on a first come, first served basis. A $2.00 maintenance fee will be charged. An $8.00 fee will be charged for a lost lock.
- In the event of injury or illness: A parent note will excuse your child for (3) consecutive days from activity, but dressing out is still required. In case of a doctor’s note, the child does not dress out nor participate. All students with excuse notes will be required to do reading/written assignments during P.E. class time.
- Any injury occurring in Physical Education class MUST be reported by your child to their teacher at the time of the occurrence to insure proper attention and documentation.
- Grades will be based upon: Dress, daily participation, sportsmanship, effort, written notes and tests. Grades will be lowered for not following rules and guidelines set forth.
- No food, drinks, spray bottles, or phones out are allowed in the locker rooms. These items will be confiscated.
- Absolutely NO gum allowed in P.E.!
Coach Johnson……..465-6720 ext. 55290
Coach Rumsey …….465-6720 ext. 55291