Guidance and Counseling



    Mrs. Christina Flood

    Mrs. Flood is responsible for counseling all grades, students with last names beginning A - L.


    Ms. Taylor Turner

    Ms. Turner is responsible for counseling all grades, students with last names beginning M - Z and AVID.



    • Mrs. Cindy Whitmore, IPC (Information Processing Clerk) - Registrations
    • Mrs. Ana Andrades, Guidance Clerk
    • Mrs. Kathy Worthington, Guidance Clerk

    The DMS Guidance Department is where parents are able to set-up parent/teacher conferences and furnish access to the Skyward Parent Portal, which allows our parents to see student's grades as they are posted by the teacher.  We believe this is an excellent tool for parents and we urge you to come to the DMS Guidance Office, so we can sign you up.

    The Guidance Department assists students with personal issues, academic issues, and also works with parents to resolve any school issues. In addition, the Guidance Department can provide school supplies or other needs. We have limited access to clothing items, jackets and shoes. If your family needs assistance with these items, please contact us at: 352-465-6724.

    Our goals are:

    • Help children understand themselves and others
    • Help to identify children with special needs
    • Provide crisis intervention
    • Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing
    • Provide Career Awareness programs
    • Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children
    • Provide orientation for children coming to Dunnellon Middle for the first time
    • Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds


    Registration:  All new students must register with our IPC, Mrs. Whitmore.  Our personnel are familiar with all the requirements and can help you with questions.

    Official Records: Your child's cumulative records are stored in an electronic database.  If you need to review your student's records, please call ahead and make an appointment for someone to go over the contents with you.  If you need a copy of any document in your child's electronic records, we can provide it for you.  If you are transferring out of our school, we will make sure all necessary documents are forwarded to your child's new school.

    *If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards,progress reports, and other routine school information, please see your child's Guidance Counselor.  You will be required to provide self-addressed, stamped envelopes for this.


    Click here for instructions and forms on how to enroll or withdraw your child.