Guidance and Counseling
WELCOME TO THE DMS GUIDANCE OFFICE PAGE
MS. Marika Long
Ms. Long is responsible for counseling all grades, Students with last name beginning A - K.
MRS. Evelyn Peluffo
Mrs. Long is responsible for counseling all grades, students with last name beginning L - Z.
GUIDANCE CLERKS AND IPA:
- Mrs. Cindy Whitmore, IPA (Information Processing Clerk) - Registrations
- Mrs. Michelle Reese, Guidance Clerk
- Mrs. Cheryl Taylor, Guidance Clerk
The DMS Guidance Department is where parents will be able to set-up parent/teacher conferences and the parent portal which will allow our parents to see student's grades as they are posted by the teacher. We believe this is an excellent tool for parents and we urge you to come to the DMS Guidance Office so we may sign you up.
The Guidance Department assists students with personal issues, academic issues, and also works with parents to resolve any school issues. In addition, the Guidance Department can provide school supplies or other needs. We have limited access to clothing items, jackets and shoes. If your family needs assistance with these items, please contact us at: 352-465-6724.
Our goals are:
- Help children understand themselves and others
- Help to identify children with special needs
- Provide crisis intervention
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing
- Provide Career Awareness programs
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children
- Provide orientation for children coming to Dunnellon Middle for the first time
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Registration: All new students must register with our IPA, Mrs. Whitmore. Our personnel are familiar with all the requirements and can help you with questions.
Official Records: Your child's cumulative records are housed in the Guidance Office. If you need to review anything in the folder please call ahead and make an appointment for someone to go over the contents with you. If you need a copy of any document in your child's folder we can provide it for you. If you request more than two copies, a charge will be assessed at 5 cents per copy. Again, please call ahead and we will try and have it ready for you or will send it home via your child. If you are transferring out of our school we will make sure all necessary documents are forwarded to your child's new school.
*If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards, interim reports, and other routine school information, please see your child's Guidance Counselor. You will be required to provide self-addressed, stamped envelopes for this.
One of our favorite links is Facts.org.