What We Are Learning
English Language Arts
Topic: Comprehension of Informational Texts
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
- Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
- Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
We are using IReady Toolbox materials (teacher access only)
Example prompt: Everyone has a favorite sport. Think about your favorite sport. Now explain why your this sport is your favorite.
The essays have 5 paragraphs and have to follow a plan.
Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Pronouns, Past Tense irregular verbs, Irregular Plural Nouns, Compound Words.
Long and Short Vowels when reading one-syllable words.
Prefixes and Suffixes.
Go Math Chapter 3: Addition and Subtraction up to 20 (mental math)
-Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies.
Textbook and workbook available on line for practice
Student Portal - Think Central -Go Math 2nd grade
Unit 3: Life Science: Human Body
– Distinguish human body parts (brain, heart, lungs, stomach, muscles, and skeleton) and their basic functions.
Unit 3: Economics
– Recognize that people make choices because of limited resources.
– Recognize that people supply goods and services based on consumer demands.
– Recognize that the United States trades with other nations to exchange goods and services.
– Explain the personal benefits and costs involved in saving and spending.
Studies Weekly online (Student desktop) Weeks 29, 30, 31