PARENTS, GUARDIANS, AND STUDENTS:
Let me start by saying, I hope you are staying safe and healthy during this time. We will be navigating a lot of new technology during the upcoming days and weeks. If at any time, you need assistance with Distance Learning, please don't hesitate to contact us. Below are some of the important points to notate as we launch Distance Learning:
- If you do not have regular access to internet and/or a computer for your child to complete assignments on, please contact the school for assistance at: 352-465-6710
- DISTRICT TECHNOLOGY HOTLINE FOR PARENTS: 352-867-2100
- Attendance will be taken DAILY. We will be able to see that your child has logged in to complete assignments, such as iReady Minutes and submitting work in Google Classroom. If your child has not logged in to anything for the day, please check in to let us know you're present.
- We will be posting all assignments HERE on the Teacher Web Pages, on the Dunnellon Elementary site.
- We will be available to assist you and your child with assignments and questions between the hours of 9:00am-10:00am and again from 1:00pm-2:00pm.
- Assignments for each new week will be posted on Monday and will be due NO LATER THAN the following Monday (unless otherwise noted by the assigning teacher).
- Assignments will be completed on a variety of websites, most of which are accessible through your child's portal. Examples of websites we will be using are: Google Classroom, iReady, MYON, Studies Weekly, STEMScopes, Reflex Math, Read Works, etc... (each assignment on the "ASSIGNMENTS" tab will give directions on how and where to complete the assignments.)
- Your child will already be familiar with MOST of the platforms listed above. :)
- Your child should already know their Portal username and password.
- Students will need to sign up for Google Classroom, if they haven't already done so, and enter a class code based on their homeroom teacher. Directions for this will be posted on the Assignments Page.
- Our Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Savage, has posted some fun Harmony (Social Emotional Learning) activities and resources for families on her web page. Mrs. Savage's Web Page
- Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc...). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed for your device.
- With the exception of Week #1 (April 1st-3rd will only have 1 assignment per subject), we will be posting the following assignments:
ELA = 3 assignments per week
MATH = 3 assignments per week
SCIENCE = 1 assignment per week
SOCIAL STUDIES = 1 assignment per week
SPECIAL AREAS = 1 assignment per week (rotation between Art/Music/PE)
We want you to know that we're here for you and your family during this time. If a need arises in your home and you need assistance or resources from our Guidance Department, please contact our Guidance Counselor Alyson Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school and ask to speak to administration at 352-465-6710.