Extended Day Program
Ward-Highlands Elementary houses the Community Extended Day Program for students before and after school.
This program is offered through the Marion County School Board's Community Education Department. Registration is during hours of operation.
Hours of Operation
- Morning: 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM
- Afternoon: 2:05 PM to 6:00 PM
Fees per Child
- Morning: $10.00 per week
- Afternoon: $38.00 per week
- Both: $48/week
- Early Release Day: $25.00/day charge per child
See Extended Day Fees for more details.
Checking a Student Out of School
- All visitors will check in the front office.
- A picture identification must be shown and verified with the students’ emergency form.
- The student will be called to the office to be dismissed. Students may not be checked out after 1:30 PM.
- Visitors are not permitted to go to classrooms to pick up children.
Changing the Way a Student Goes Home
For safety reasons, it is very important that you and your child know how your child gets home daily. It is understandable that in some cases, this must change. When this occurs, the parent must send in a dated note that details this change. If a teacher does not receive a note, the child will go home the regular method.
If an emergency arises during the day and a parent must change the manner in which their child goes home, the parent must come in (with picture ID) to the office or must fax the request to the office with a signature and copy of the picture ID on the fax. The student will be notified at the end of the day of the change. This must be done before 1:30 PM.
Rainy Days: Please make sure you have an alternate plan for dismissal during rainy days and the teacher knows the alternate plan. If there is not an alternate plan, your child will go home based on the usual way he/she goes home in the afternoons.
“An Equal Opportunity School District”