Guidance & Counseling
Welcome to the Guidance Office!
Ward-Highlands Elementary has two guidance counselors: Mrs. Tammy Davis and Mrs. Brianne Weeks.
Our mission as your child's counselors is to assist you and his/her teachers in facilitating Ward-Highlands Elementary's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
We would like to invite you to come in and get to know us and the Guidance staff and the services we offer. You may come by school or call during "teacher hours" and make an appointment with us. You don't need to wait until you have a problem or special reason! We hope that, together, we can lay a good foundation for future success and achievement by making your child's years at Ward-Highlands Elementary a happy and rewarding learning experience.
- Help children understand themselves and others;
- Help to identify children with special needs;
- Provide crisis intervention;
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing;
- Provide Character Education program;
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children;
- Provide orientation for children coming to Ward-Highlands Elementary for the first time;
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Registration: All new students must register in the Guidance Office. Our personnel are familiar with all the requirements and can help you with questions.
If you would like to register a new student, please call (352) 671-6811 to set up an appointment with Mrs. Krista Tindall.
Attendance: As parents, it is your responsibility to assure your child/children have regular, timely attendance. However, if a child is not in his/her classroom at the second bell, he/she must check in at the Front Office before reporting to class. Also, if children are chronically absent, tardy, or picked up early, notices may be sent from the Guidance Office in accordance with Marion County School System policies and FL statutes. Upon your child's return to school, send a hand-written note as to the reason for the absence. If your child was seen by a doctor, please send the doctor's note.
If you have any questions about attendance, please call Mrs. Frelda Morris or Mrs. Susie Fister at (352) 671-6811.
*If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards, interim reports, and other routine school information, please see your child's teacher. You will be required to provide self-addressed, stamped envelopes for this.