Your student is enrolled in Critical Thinking this semester. This class is used to enrich your student's education by providing a class period in which they are able to complete homework, classwork, reading, or any other areas where there may be needs or deficits in their learning. They will be expected to be an active learner and follow all school rules and policies while in this class. Set forth are the expectations your child will need to master in order to be successful. All classes now have a semester exam attached to them so they will be required to complete some activities in reading comprehension in order to be successful on their exam.
1. Students must come to study hall every day with school work to do. Students must come with all of his/her own supplies. Students will be expected to have enough work to do for the entire
class period. NO EXCUSES!
2. All students will be seated and working without talking, when the tardy bell rings, without being prompted to do so.
3. Questions will be answered after role is taken. Students will be acknowledged by raising their hand and waiting to be called on.
4. NO phones, music devices, tablets, or other technology are allowed per county policy. If they are visible they will be confiscated. 7th and 8th graders may bring a calculator for math and
5. Students, school work is your own and is not to be shared with others. If you are found in possession of another student's work, caught copying, or engaging in any form of cheating, your
work will be confiscated, your teachers will be informed, and disciplinary action will be taken.
6. Students will receive a minimum of one grade per week based on them being engaged in academic activities while in Critical Thinking. They will also receive two grades per 9 weeks for
a planner check.