Welcome to AVID!
My name is Kayleigh Beaulieu (Bowl-ee-oh) and I teach 6th-8th grade AVID here at Fort King Middle School; I am also the AVID Coordinator for our school.
During our Distance Learning time, I will be utlizing the following platforms:
1. Zoom for Live Video Calls, Support Sessions, or Parent Q & A's.
***Parents, I sent out an email to all parent email addresses I had on file. If I missed you, please email me to let me know you'd like to be added to the email invitations to any parent
specific Zoom calls that we do. I will need YOUR name, your student's name, the email address you want the invite sent to, and any questions you currently have!
2. Google Classroom for all assignments, resources, and lectures. Students log-in to this through their MCPS Desktop.
1st Period (8th Grade): o a 4 o r q a (all lowercase letters and the #4)
2nd Period (6th Grade): g 2 f c i f b (all lowercase letters and the #2)
3rd Period (7th Grade): 4 k t 4 f a b (all lowercase letters and the #4)
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device. They can still participate, just without their video being on!
The current expectations that have been set for teachers is to have at least two or three assignments per week for each class. Grades will be entered into our usual gradebook and can be accessed by viewing Skyward through the Parent Access or Student Access.
AVID Assignments for the Week will be posted on Monday morning. All AVID assignments will be due by Sunday evening with grades going into Skyward the following week.
Please reach out via email as I will be working remotely for the time being. Through email we can also set up a time for a Live Zoom call if you'd like to chat face to face or a phone call.
Struggling with something?
Here is the number to the help desk for parents and students: 352-867-2100
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
**Parents-- If YOU have questions and would like to be added to my email list for an invite to our Parent Only Q & A session via Zoom, please send me an email with the following information. I will need YOUR name, your CHILD'S name, and the email address you'd like the Zoom invitation sent to (if you need it sent to more than one place, please include both guardian names and email addresses).
Phone: 352-671-4725 ext. 55413
AVID Work by Week: Week 1 (4/1-4/5):
Make sure you do ALL of the following things before Sunday night (4/5).
1. Read and Comment "I Understand." on the Zoom Etiquette Post
2. Read and Comment "I Understand." on the Weekly Expectations Post
3. Complete Assignment #1: Quarantine Questionnaire
4. Complete Week 1: Organizing my eLearning Assignment
5. Check in by marking "yes" on the April 1st, 2nd, and 3rd attendance posts each day!
6. Check your Quarter 3 Report Grades on Skyward- they are posted!
Intro Video to explain week 1! 6 minute Intro Video for Week 1
Week 2 (4/6 - 4/12):
All 4 assignments and announcements will release at 6 am on Monday, 4/6.
Make sure you do ALL of the following things before Sunday night (4/12).
1. View Week 2's Video and comment "I understand" in the comments.
2. Week 2 CW Question: Choosing a Research Topic
3. Week 2 HW Assignment: eLearning by Subject Questionnaire
4. Week 2 CW Assignment: Inquiry & Analyzing
5. Submit any late work from Week 1.
Intro Video to explain Week 2! 8 minute Week 2 Intro Video