Clubs and Organizations
Join a Club or Organization!
- Academic Team
- Art Club
- Band - Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced, and Jazz
- Drama Club
- Drill Team
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- FFA - Future Farmers of America
- HOSA - Health Occupations Students of America
- Math Counts
- NJHS - National Junior Honor Society
- Nerd Herd
Sponsors: Mr. Millman
The Fort King Academic Team or “A-TEAM” is a group of students from all grade levels using their mental skills to compete in academic competitions. Students meet once a week on Tuesdays after school in Mrs. Rickett's room (04-112) for practice. Students interested in learning and competition are invited to join.
Sponsor: Ms. Bergman
Come paint! Or draw! Or sculpt! Or animate!
The Art Club is available for all students and will meet most Wednesdays from 4:00 to 5:00 in Mrs. Bergman's Room (01-023). There are 20 slots available for Wednesday, but more meeting times may be made available depending upon demand.
There is a participation fee of $20 which will cover the cost of materials. Feel free to come make art with open and directed material workshops. Improve your art or simply relax while creating! Learn what it takes to put on a show!
We look forward to seeing you there!
BAND - BEGINNING, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED, AND JAZZ
Band Director: Mr. Eason
Beginning band through advanced band is offered to all students.
Below are photos of Marching Band and the Beginning Band.
Sponsor: Ms. Garner
First meeting is August 29th from 4-5pm. See Ms. Garner for more details.
Talent Show: TBA
Sponsor: TBA and Volunteer Instructor: Michelle Young
As part of the band, the drill team provides color and movement to the music during parades. In addition to enhancing the marching band, the drill team participates in the Winter concert at MTI in which they perform a choreographed routine between band performances. If you are interested in becoming part of the drill team, please contact Mrs. Arthur.
Members learn about careers, attend events and conferences, build leadership skills, and compete in business and technology events.
Information on events and meetings can be found on Dr. Yoder’s website.
Sponsor: Dr. Crivaro
FFA is a nationally-recognized intracurricular student organization for those interested in agriculture and leadership. It is one of the three components of agricultural education.
Mission: FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
Motto: Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
Learn more about Florida FFA by visiting their website: http://www.flaffa.org/
Interested students can find additional information about chapter meetings and other events throughout the year on Dr. Casuso’s class website.
Below is a photo of some of our FFA Members.
Sponsors: Mrs. Hoey
Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) is now called “Future Health Professionals.” The club will meet once a month unless we enter a contest then we may meet more often.
Sponsors: Ms. Williams
- Math Counts is a National competition program designed to stimulate 6th, 7th and 8th grade students’ interest and achievement in mathematics.
- Math Counts meets after school every Monday from 3:50 to 4:45 in Mrs. Rickett room (04-112).
- Math Counts: Regional Competition will be held on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at Maplewood Elementary from 8:15 until 3:15.
Sponsors: Mrs. Chinn and Mrs. Shepler
Sponsors: Officer Wissinger
- Nerd Herd is a club were students can get together and talk about comics, movies, video games, and anything else that’s geeky.
- It gives them a chance to make new friends that have the same interest and also get them prepared for High School clubs.
- We also are active in community involvement. We collect can foods for the homeless around Thanksgiving time.
- Nerd Herd also lets the students realize that police officers are people to and that we have hobbies, families and are geeks.