Mr. David McElveen, Visual Arts, AYE
Welcome to Art at Anthony Elementary School!
It is my great privilege to teach this class to every student at Anthony. It is vitally important that every student be given the opportunity to express his or her self through participation in all Art class has to offer. It is my goal to provide every student with a safe and nurturing classroom environment that allows them to learn and practice art in a way they enjoy, and to foster a love of art for their entire academic career and beyond.
In order to make the art classroom safe for everyone, we have rules and procedures in place to ensure we are following the "Big 3" here at Anthony: Do whats right. Do your best. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
The rules for my classroom are very simple so that every student knows what is expected every time they visit the Art class.
1. Keep hands and feet to yourself.
2. Raise your hand to ask a question or to get out of your seat.
3. Follow directions the first time they are given.
4. Stop, look, and listen when your hear me count down, "5...4...3...2...1..."
By following these rules and the Big 3, every student will be assured of a safe and fun Art class experience.
If any student fails to follow these rules, they will be reminded of the expectations in the classroom. If the problem persists, I will reach out to parents in order to better facilitate a solution to any issues that may arise throughout the year and the Dean will be notified.
If you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of your child's education here at Anthony Elementary School, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Thank you and I look forward to meeting and working with you all!
David McElveen, Art Teacher
Anthony Elementary School
Easy Steps to get to Microsoft TEAMS:
- Go to your school website: https://www.marionschools.net/AYE
- Click the icon in upper right-hand side of screen that says “MCPS Desktop”
- Have your student log in their portal with their student credentials.
- Click on the icon for Office 365
- Click on TEAMS icon
- You might have an option to down load the app if you want to, but that’s not necessary. Click on “use the web app”.
- You will see all of your classes that have a TEAM, including Special Areas (Art, Music, and PE).
If you have any questions or concerns please contact your teacher by email or phone, or reach out to Ms. Smith at ext. 51054 or email: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
These items will be required for individual art kits for every student, both at school and online. Everything else they need will be provided to them.
If you can, please provide your child with each of the following:
- 12 pack colored pencils
- 8 pack colored markers (not permanent, no Sharpies)
- 16 pack Crayola crayons
- 8 color watercolor paint tray
- Small Elmer’s liquid glue