Welcome to Mrs. Hoffman's Home Page
You can always contact me at JULIE.HOFFMAN@MARION.K12.FL.US or Our Class Dojo App.
Welcome to Mrs. Hoffman's 5th grade class of sophisticated scholars. I am delighted to have your child in my class this year. We have so many fun and exciting things ahead of us this new school year that I CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED! I consider it a privilege to partner with you, to help your child learn and grow. One of the things I know we have in common is that we both want your child be happy, healthy, well-adjusted, and successful in school - and in life. I have high expectations for your young scholar. And I am confident that with all of us working together and doing our very best; this will be an awesome year of learning and triumph – and your scholar’s greatest success yet!
One of my most important goals this year is to keep the lines of communication open as we work together to help your scholar succeed. I encourage you to log in to the parent portal and check progress at least once a week. Early in the year, I will be contacting you to go over where your child stands achievement wise, and will work with you and your scholar to help catch up in areas where he or she is struggling.Periodically I will be sending home information that helps you understand what we are working on. There will be specific examples and suggestions about ways that you can help your scholar learn and practice these new skills. I encourage you to work with your child as often as possible. One of the big differences in testing beginning this year is that students are tested over a smaller range of materials, but their understanding of the material must be much deeper. Practice at home will help your scholar build those skills.
I look forward to seeing you at school and community events. The first school event, Open House, is on September 15th beginning at 6pm. Bring your whole family. We have some really fun activities planned! I will also be touching base with you periodically by phone and email, and I encourage you to contact me any time there is news to share, or when you have questions or concerns. Be sure to share the good news with me too! I love celebrating positive things with our scholars and their families! I’m soooooo happy that you are here! You are an essential part of the team. Your young scholar and I will be counting on your to help at home this year in a number of ways. Here are a just few of the most important ways you can help this year:
- Help your scholar be organized, on time, and ready to learn. As essential part of this is seeing that your scholar gets enough sleep each night.
- Make sure your scholar has a quiet place to work without the distraction of television, music, or other disruptions.
- Read with your scholar every day of possible. As skills grow, take turns reading to one another. You will be amazed how quickly your scholar’s skills improve when you take an interest! Show your child that learning is something you do for a lifetime by learning something together each day.
- Set high expectations for your scholar academically and behaviorally. Talk to your scholar often about what they want to do in the future. Learning happens all the time, so try to give your child as many experiences as possible, and answer all of his/her questions or have fun looking up the answers together.
- And be sure that your scholar understands the importance of balancing energy in and energy out by eating well and getting some exercise each day!
Let’s have a great year together,