About Our School
Vision and Mission Statements
At Ocala Springs, our mission is to provide a strong academic foundation in a safe elementary school. We will strive every day to develop students who will contribute to our community. Staff members will take advantage of professional development to implement high effect-size instructional strategies in the classroom. We will collaborate with each other, our parents and the community to support our students' needs and help them to be successful not just for today, but tomorrow.
At Ocala Springs, our vision is to develop "productive citizens of tomorrow." We will continue to provide a strong foundation as a "spring board" for our students to be successful in middle & high school, and on to a higher education; in their personal daily lives, and in society.
PBS Mission - Students have the right to learn in a safe and positive environment.
School Profile and Demographics
In the northeast corner of Ocala, Florida, surrounded by open fields, sits a 30-year-old, brick school that houses a dynamic group of expert teachers who work well with a dedicated support staff to provide the best education possible for our students.
Fun Facts about Our School
- We are a Pre-K - 5th grade facility.
- Our school is located on the northeast area of Ocala.
- Our school colors are teal, black, and white.
- Our school mascot is the Florida panther.
- Our school was built in 1986. That makes our facility 30 years old.
- We have approximately 630 students.
- We are a racially and socially-economically diverse school community with 80.4% white • 2.2% Hispanic • 15.2% African American • 2.2% Asian • 0% multiracial • 0% Native American/Hawaiian.