11th Grade Information
Hello, Juniors! You are encouraged you to visit guidance to discuss your junior year. It is our goal to assist you in making your junior year a success and chart your planning for senior year without a hitch.
Please refer to the links provided below so that you can be aware, informed and smart about the decisions you make and need to make regarding your choices and career. Our door is always open; feel free to stop or you may make an appointment. Much success to you.
Your junior guidance counselor is Brenda Parisoe. During this transition to online school, please feel free to email me or contact me by phone on Google voice at 332-203-4472. I will be working from home until further notice, but will respond to your email or call within 24 hours. If you are interested in communicating via Zoom for an individual meeting, please click on the "How are you Doing?" link under the Virtual Counseling Services heading. This will take you to a Google doc that will allow you to ask for an appointment.
Online Resources and Links:
- Military Careers: www.todaysmilitary.com
- Test prep: www.vocabulary.com
- Scholarship Search: www.scholarship.com; www.fastweb.com; www.salliemae.com
- State University System of Florida: www.flbog.edu
- College & Career search: www.flvc.org
- Private Colleges/Universities of Florida: www.pcuf.net
- College Athletics information (Junior year):
- College planning tips for Juniors: mappingyourfuture.org/collegeprep/juniortips.cfm
- College planning tips for Seniors: mappingyourfuture.org/collegeprep/seniorcalendar.cfm
Are you on the right track to college?
College Entrance Tests
- Register for the ACT
- Register for the SAT
- Click here for online practice materials for ACT and SAT and CPT
- Click here for more information about resources that will help you with SAT and ACT preparation
- Click here for a downloadable ACT practice booklet
- Click here for the SAT Test Preparation Center
If you are a JUNIOR or SENIOR student who currently receives free or reduced school lunch, you are eligible for two (2)ACT and (2)SAT fee waivers during your high school career (not each school year). See your guidance counselor for a fee waiver.