Admission into the IB DP at Vanguard
Vanguard IB students are:
- enthusiastic about learning
- highly motivated
- looking for a challenge
- actively involved in school & community
- seeking out leadership opportunities
In order to determine eligibility for the Vanguard IB Diploma Programme, the following will be reviewed:
- Grades from previous school year’s final report card
- Grades from current school year’s semester report card
- Most recent standardized test scores* for ELA FSA and Math EOC
- Attendance and discipline records
* Scores of 4 or higher on both assessments are preferred, but students who score a 3 or higher are also encouraged to apply, as we recognize that test scores aren't the only indicator of student success
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Vanguard High School is a magnet program, meaning Vanguard IB students come from all over the tri-county area to attend. We recognize that there are many options on this year's online application, so if you have questions about the application process, please don't hesitate to contact our IB Office at 671-4908, or you may email our Vanguard IB Coordinator, Mrs. Stephanie DeVilling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to the 2020-2021 Application will open December 2nd here: https://applytomarionschools.com
Students interested in applying to Vanguard IB who are not currently enrolled in Marion County Public Schools will need an MCPS-assigned student number to complete the online application. For more information about how to obtain this, click here: https://www.marionschools.net/enrollment or visit the School Choice Office at 1614 SE Fort King Street in Ocala.