Admission into the IB DP at Vanguard
In order to determine eligibility for Vanguard's Pre-IB program, our state-approved foundation for the IB Diploma Programme, the following will be reviewed:
- Grades from previous school year’s final report card
- Grades from current school year’s semester report card
- Most recent standardized test scores* for ELA FSA and Math EOC
- Attendance and discipline records
* Scores of 4 or higher on both assessments are preferred, but students who score a 3 or higher are also encouraged to apply, as we recognize that test scores aren't the only indicator of student success
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Vanguard High School is a magnet program, meaning Vanguard IB students come from all over the tri-county area to attend. If you have questions about the application process, please don't hesitate to contact our IB Office at 671-4908, or you may email our Vanguard IB Coordinator, Mrs. Stephanie DeVilling at email@example.com.
The link to the 2020-2021 Application will open November 30 here: https://applytomarionschools.com
Students interested in applying to Vanguard IB who are not currently enrolled in Marion County Public Schools will need an MCPS-assigned student number to complete the online application. For more information about how to obtain this, click here: https://www.marionschools.net/enrollment or visit the School Choice Office at 1614 SE Fort King Street in Ocala.