The Horizon Academy's Parent Teacher Organization's goal is to continue to provide the support needed to maintain the excellent programs and educational opportunities our children enjoy at this school. We need you to accomplish this goal!
By joining PTO, you help support many of the enrichment programs Horizon Academy's PTO provides throughout the year. When everyone helps a little, we can accomplish a lot. Plus, children with involved parents are more likely to pass their classes, graduate, and further their education after high school. Also, when lots of parents get involved, it helps teachers and the school as a whole.
For general background information, lots of ideas, and insight into what other PTOs around the country are doing, check out PTOToday.com.
Upcoming Fundraisers & Sales:
Spirit shirt & Sweatshirt Fundraising:
- Collect pre-sale orders
- Distribute shirts/ sweatshirts
Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- Collect orders
- Hand out orders
- Help with advertising
Food and Drink Sales at home volleyball and basketball games:
- Help at the tables to sell concessions the evenings that there are volleyball and basketball games
- Please refer to the Calander for game dates.
School beautification/spirit project:
- Work together for ideas as to how the PTO can help with beautification and spreading school spirit.
- President: TBD
- Vice President: Dani Daniels
- Treasurer: Shelly LaFrance
- Secretary: Elizabeth Richter
- Staff Liaison: Michael Hickman
- Parent Liaison: Jessica Vera
PTO Meeting Schedule
PTO meetings will be held the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Media Center, following the School Advisory Counsel (SAC) meeting. All are welcome to join us for the meeting, however only PTO members may vote. There will also be a PTO officer in attendance at the monthly coffee with the principal!