To participate in extra-curricular activities, i.e. sports programs, clubs, to attend dances, pep rallies, a student MUST maintain a 2.0 GPA or better
Behavior at LWH must be exemplary both in school and on the field.
Student athletes at Lake Weir High School must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA for each semester. Freshmen are automatically eligible for the first semester.
- Submit a current physical (on Marion County Public Schools form) before participating in a practice or try out.
- Submit a parent permission (pink card) form to the coach before participating in a practice or try out.
- Provide a copy of his/her birth certificate if a new athlete at LWHS.
- Sign a HIPAA form each school year.
- Pay a participation fee to cover insurance by the 6th day of practice for each sport.
- Clear any school debt before participating in a competition.
Note: Home education and charter school students must state their intention to participate in a sport at Lake Weir High School prior to the first day of practice for each sport in which the student is interested. If a student fails to do this, he/she will be ineligible for that season.
Click here to go to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
* Athletic & Special Activities Insurance
Participation fees for athletes help to defray the cost of insurance on participants. The maximum a student will pay to participate in sports is $100. The following fees are assessed according to the sport:
- Football - $85.00
- Cheerleading - $50.00
- Dance - $50.00
- Bowling - $20.00
- Weightlifting - $20.00
- Flag Football - $20.00
- Spring Football - $30.00
- Spring Dance and Cheerleading - $30.00
- All Other Sports - $50.00
Sportsmanship is an important aspect of the LWHS athletic program. Student-athletes are expected to display good conduct during practices, games, and in the classroom. We expect our students to give their best at all times.
Sportsmanship is also displayed by the fans, families, and spectators at events. Those individuals participating in these roles also bear a responsibility to show good sportsmanship to the referees and the opposing team's players, coaches, and fans.
The following ticket prices are in effect for all Marion County Public Schools:
- Varsity Games: Adult and student tickets are $6.00 at the gate. They may also be purchased prior to the game at school for the same price if you don't wish to stand in line at the gate.
- Freshman and JV Games: Adult and student tickets are $5.00 at the gate (no presale).
All Other Sports:
- Student and adult tickets are $6.00 at the gate.
Check schedules at C2C Schools.