May 18 2020
We only have 10 more days of distant learning, with the last student day being June 1, 2020.
Students should be finishing up on all past assignments. These are due no later than 5/24.
IREADY Math and Think Central Math assignments are the primary programs that I am using to asess student understanding.
Progress Reports: April 30,2020
IMPORTANT: MOST STUDENTS WERE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH ASSIGNMENTS/ HOWEVER, IF A STUDENT DID NOT COMPLETE AN ASSIGNMENT, YOU WILL SEE THAT ASSIGNMENT GRADE TO BE A 60 % AND IN BOLD PRINT. IF YOUR CHILD WANTS TO IMPROVE THEIR GRADE THEY CAN DO THE MISSING ASSIGNMENT, THEN LET ME KNOW THAT THEY TURNED IT IN. 90% OF ALL ASSIGNMENTS FOR MATH WERE EITHER IREADY TEACHER ASSIGNED LESSONS OR THINK CENTRAL ASSIGNMENTS, WHICH ARE ON THERE "THINGS TO DO LIST." ALL GRADES WILL BE DUE BY MAY 24, UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGES.
Feel free to contact me about any of these grades or assignments.
A few impotant notes:
1: A Distant Learning Tab has been added to Marion County homepage. It's very helpful in navigating student programs. By now I hope you have become comfortable using these programs.
2. Most students who have internet access are now signed up with Google Classroom, which is located in the student desktop under the Google Apps link. Everyday students need to check in through the attendance link, and most have been doing a great job. If you are new to Google Classroom, make sure you log into your desktop then into the Google Classroom app. This will bring you to your Homeroom face page. You must be logged in with your marionstudents.net, email address to JOIN your class.
3. We will continue using I-READY ( 45-60 minutes a week) and Think Central ( 30-45 minutes a week). The assignment page will have the schedule for the week, and the specific assignments.
4. Some students are working on math packets due to no or limited internet. Take a picture of your complete work and Email it to my school email address. Let myself or the front office know if you need a packet.
5. Remember we are required to submit grades and take attendance during this distant learning platform.
6. If you have any questions, feel free to DOJO, or email me