Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jean B Day
As we move forward in this new teaching format, there will be many questions. This is new for me as well, and I'll do my best to support you and answer your questions. A few important notes:
1.There are many ways to contact me. Anytime send me a DOJO message, or email me at Jean.Day@marion.k12.fl.us. If you want to talk to me by phone I am setting aside 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM for parent contacts. Either way you contact me, if I miss you I will call you back before the end of the day.
2. Google Classroom, Think Central, and I Ready will be our primary computer programs. These are all located on the student desktop. I will be adding files, videos and assessments in the near future. Check out my website assignment page for weekly assignments Assignments
3. I will begin Zoom conferences with students by homeroom:" see the Zoom page. ZOOM
3. Chromebooks are being signed out to parents through the back computer lab. Jennifer Smith is our technical liaison for our community if you have basic connection questions she can be reached by school email.
4. Students are to check in DAILY Monday - Friday with each teacher, Day, Bowman and Mills. Google Classrooom is set up for attendance everyday, so please learn it. We are required to take daily attendance by 10:00 AM. If you cannot check in by 10:00 AM, do it as soon as possible. After 3 days of no contact we are required to contact our administration. You may also check in by DOJO or by an old fashion phone call. Make sure you check with each teacher to know how she wants you to check in.
5. One grade a week is required, until we get back to our regular schedule. You can check grades through the student or parent portal.