Guidance & Counseling
Welcome to the Guidance Office! Our mission as your counselors is to assist you and your teachers in facilitating Vanguard's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
We would like to invite you to come in and get to know us and the services we offer and those offered from this office. You may come in or call during "teacher hours" and make an appointment with us. You don't need to wait until you have a problem or special reason! We hope that, together, we can lay a good foundation for future success and achievement by making your years at Vanguard a happy and rewarding learning experience.
If you would like to email your guidance counselor, please go to the Faculty and Staff page under support staff.
OUR GUIDANCE COUNSELORS
Mrs. Jan Raym IB Students (ALL) and 9th Grade A-D
Mr. Christian Amatea 12th grade & 9th Grade E-K (Class of 2018)
Mrs. Coletta Donovan 10th grade and 9th Grade L-R (Class of 2020)
Mrs. Abby Harris 11th grade and 9th Grade S-Z (Class of 2019)
- Help children understand themselves and others
- Help to identify children with special needs
- Provide crisis intervention
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing
- Provide Career Awareness programs
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children
- Provide orientation for children coming to Vanguard for the first time
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds
The following information should provide you with a better understanding of the role of our guidance personnel. The information will also help you support the work done with your advisor.
Class Schedules: There will be a Freshman and New Student Orientation on August 16th, beginning at 9:00 am to provide general information about the upcoming year. All students will be able to pick up a copy of their schedule on the first day of school in the Knights' Union.
- ACT Sign Up & More
- SAT Sign Up & More
- Common College Application
- Personal Academic, Counseling & Tracking Website
- Application for Federal Financial Aid
- National Scholarship Listing
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida's Next Magazine
- Florida Financial Aid Bright Futures
- PERT Preparation Material Website
- Make Up or Get Ahead on Credits Online
- National NEXT Magazine
- Scholarship Assistance...Also see Mrs. Lipphardt
- Financial Aid Overview
- Transcript Request
Contact Jaye Stagmer with questions: Email
Your child's cumulative records are housed in the Guidance Office. If you need to review anything in your child's folder, please call for an appointment to have someone review the contents with you. If you need copies of documents in your child's folder, please call ahead and we will try and have it ready for you to pick up or send it home with your child. If you request more than two copies, a charge will be assessed at five cents per copy. If you are transferring out of Vanguard to another school, we will forward all documents to your child's new school. Once you register at the new school, they will request the records.
*If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards or interim reports please send a self-addressed stamped business envelope to the Guidance Office and we will mail them home to you.