Student athletes at Vanguard High School must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA for each semester. Freshmen are automatically eligible for the first semester.
- Submit a current physical (on FHSAA forms) before participating in a practice or try out.
- Submit a parent permission (pink card) form to the coach before participating in a practice or try out.
- Provide a copy of his/her birth certificate if a new athlete at VHS.
- Pay a participation fee to cover insurance by the 6th day of practice for each sport.
- Clear any school debt before participating in a competition.
- Marion Sports Notice to Parents
- Preferred Provider List
Note: Home education and charter school students must make clear their intention to participate in a sport at Vanguard High School prior to the first day of practice for each sport in which the student is interested. If a student fails to do this, he/she will be ineligible for that season.
Participation fees for athletes help to defray the cost of insurance on participants.
The following fees are assessed according to the sport:
- Football - $85.00
- Cheerleading - $85.00
- Bowling - $20.00
- Weightlifting - $20.00
- Flag Football - $20.00
- Spring Football - $30.00
- Spring Dance and Cheerleading - $30.00
- All Other Sports - $50.00
Sportsmanship is an important aspect of the VHS athletic program. Student-athletes are expected to display good conduct during practices, games, and in the classroom. We expect our students to give their best at all times.
Sportsmanship is also displayed by the fans, families, and spectators at events. Those individuals participating in these roles also bear a responsibility to show good sportsmanship to the referees and the opposing team's players, coaches, and fans.
ALL SPORTS PASSES
VHS All Sports Passes are good for ALL home games for ALL sports ALL year (excluding tournament and district play).
- Adults: $40.00
- Sr. Citizens (62 years & over) $ 20.00
- 12th Grader - $20.00
- Underclassmen - $ 25.00
- Elementary & Middle School - $ 25.00
- Preschool - Free
Passes can be purchased from Julie Wright in the front office.
The following ticket prices are in effect for all Marion County Public Schools:
- Adult and student tickets are $ 6.00 Varsity Football games and $5.00 for all other regular season events. District and state series prices are dictated by the state.
All Vanguard High School home football, soccer and flag football games are held at:
2900 NE 36th Avenue
Ocala, FL 34479
Parking is $5.00 during varsity football game nights.
Click on the Team Names to view their webpages, coaches, and schedules. Results are listed on this website link C2C Sports Results.