Like the WPHSLibrary on Facebook to keep up-to-date on what's happening in the stacks.
Battle of the Books
If you are interested in participating in this year's Battle of the Books, read the following 15 books and compete against other high schools to show off how much you know!
Join the Remind for updates about books and meetings. (Text @b39d4e to the number 81010)
Library Media Center
The mission of our library and its staff is to provide resources which will support and enhance the total curriculum. The library media specialist is a certified teacher and library information specialist who instructs and assists students and faculty who visit the Library Media Center in their quest for information.
FACULTY & STAFF
- Mrs. Emily Wilson, Media Center Specialist
- Mrs. Sandy Berryhill, Media Center Clerk
8:15 - 3:30 Monday - Friday
Open at Power Hour
- Student may check out five books for up to three weeks.
- Items can be renewed.
- Overdue items are charged five cents ($.05) per day / per item.
- MCPS Acceptable Use Policy must be on file for Internet access.
- All Internet access must be for a teacher assignment.
- Students can use a flash drive, Sky Drive, or Google Drive to save their work.
- No food or beverages permitted.
- Printing and copying is $.10 per page.
Destiny is the library media center catalog. Not only is it available at your school computer, but now teachers and students can log in and access it from home to check out the West Port collection! After you login to West Port's card catalog, you'll have access to all the usernames and passwords for the many eBook database collections.
Click HERE to access Destiny.
The Purdue Online Writing Lab offers over 200 free resources for students including writing, research, grammar and mechanics, and style guides for both APA and MLA.
Click HERE to go to access this resource.
Need help creating an account on the CollegeBoard website? You'll need one to sign up for SAT, view your PSAT scores, and link your scores to activities in Khan Academy. The link below will help you setup College Board as well as Khan Academy accounts. When you're finished, link them together to get tailored support activities in Khan Academy.
Need help? Stop by the library!