Our "Gator Greats" of expected behavior are:
Greenway Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on the positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and, as a result, we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow. From time to time, it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
The following interventions will be used to correct student behavior:
1. Verbal correction or reprimand
2. Private conference with student
3. Change seat in classroom
4. Behavior contract
5. Parent contact
6. Time out
7. Conference with Dean
Note: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all intervention steps before writing a major discipline referral.
Referral to Dean's Office
A student's failure to respond to the attempts by the teacher and parents to change or correct misconduct will result in a discipline referral being written and the student sent to the Dean's office. Greenway Elementary will follow the Marion County Code of Student Conduct for Elementary Schools when a child is sent to the office for disciplinary reasons.
No Tolerance Behaviors
2. Blatant disrespect
3. Drugs, weapons, alcohol
4. Willful disobedience/defiance
Lunch Room Conduct
At Greenway, we believe the following guideline will help:
1. Raise your hand if you need something.
2. Talk softly to others at your table.
3. Absolutely no talking in the food line and when the lights are off.
4. Follow dismissal procedures.
5. Always obey the cafeteria monitors.
6. For health reasons, food may not be shared.
7. Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated
drinks for students. Parents are asked not to include these items in their child's lunchbox.
8. No money is accepted in the food line.
9. If you are an approved volunteer, you may have lunch with your child in the courtyard. Please check in with the front office and remain in the
courtyard. Do not enter the cafeteria or classroom at any time.