For Parents, Free Homebound Web Resources!
- The PBS KIDS Daily Newsletter. PBS KIDS features hundreds of educational games and educational videos!
- Scholastic's Remote Learning Resources. This is a resource that you might use for confidence building and supplemental learning.
Greenway Media Center
I love Greenway's Library because ...
Book Check Out
- Each student in Kindergarten may check out 1 book for as long as two weeks.
- Each student in 1st through 5th grade may check out 2 books for as long as two weeks.
- Students may renew a book for an additional two weeks.
- There are no fines for overdue materials.
Gifts are always appreciated. They may be added to the media center collection, given to teachers, or donated to the public library.
- GWES Live! - Our news studio televises live announcements each morning. Student recognition is featured, daily activities, special events and weekend reminders..
- Sunshine State Young Readers' Contest - Students who read five of this year's 3rd through 5th grade Sunshine State Award books can win a $5 gift card. The first to read all 15 will win $20 in gift cards!
- Book Fairs - Greenway hosts yearly Scholastic book fairs. They provide the opportunity for students to purchase books that they can keep.
- Free Books - Students from VPK through 3rd grade are given free books from the Early Learning Coalition of Marion County. Book giveaways are three times per school year.
The mission of the Greenway Media program is to ensure that the students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This is accomplished by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats; by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas; and by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
Morning News Show
Our morning news show, GWES Live!, will air each morning at 7:37 a.m.
The purpose of our show is to let the school know about daily and future happenings and schedules. If your class is doing something special, let Mr. Wilson know, and he will try to feature your class on the show!
Gregory Wilson: Library Media Specialist