Why should you join MSA PTA?
Joining the PTA is an important way to support our school and the efforts of the State and National PTA. Your membership with Madison Street Academy PTA will strengthen our ability to provide the best learning environment for our children. This is incredibly important during these times of budgetary uncertainty. Help us by joining forces! Among all, the number-one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Tap Into a Network. PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause.
- Speak Up. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at Madison Street – and you may very well get to be part of that change too!
- Help Your Child Succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by three decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at Madison Street you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Membership Perks. PTA members can take advantage of a number of discounts that you can find here - http://www.pta.org/benefits
What does MSA PTA Provide?
- Instructional & Technology Support: Technology & computer lab equipment (including the new video production classroom), library/media center support, classroom allocations, and more.
- Instructional Enrichment Programs: AR luncheons and prizes, Sock Hops, Skate Days, 5th grade graduation, Odyssey of the Mind support, and much more!
- Community Services: Fall Festival, Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week, school improvement, and other services.
- General PTA Expenses: Directory, supplies, and support in Florida legislative action.
Join MSA PTA!
PTA Memberships are now available. These memberships run per school year, so please don’t forget to join!
Membership levels are:
- Platinum $100
- Gold $50
- Silver $25
- Basic $10
- Gets you involved in our school
- PTA Membership is required in order for you to vote on any business at a PTA General Meeting (This includes approving funds to purchase the necessary and requested items to help enhance your child’s learning experience).
- All members will be recognized in our Newsletter and school directory by membership level.
Have you ever had your child ask for a play date with “Kherington” and you don’t have the faintest idea of who “Kherington” is? Have you ever needed a refresher as to a child’s parents (or teachers) name before going to a Birthday party or School Event? Well the PTA Membership Directory can help! Members can choose to have their Names (parents/students), phone, address or just email information added to the directory. This directory will be issued electronically unless otherwise indicated.
Membership Directory is also a great place to advertise your business or services. You can advertise for as little as $10! We will also share your business on our PTA Facebook page. MSA families love to support businesses that support us!
Connect With Us
You can find out what is coming up with the PTA by following us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/MadisonStreetPTA/. Also, all members will receive regular updates via e-mail, along with the monthly PTA newsletter.
For more information about PTA and how you can play a part, contact Scott Clark at email@example.com. We would love to have you!