Welcome to Mr. Molock and Ms. Tucker's Office!
You can contact us by phone at 352-671-4925 or by email:
- Mr. Molock, Dwayne at Dwayne.Molock@marion.k12.fl.us
- Ms. Tamara Tucker at Tamara.Tucker@marion.k12.fl.us
Visitors and Signing Out Early
Please stop by the front office to sign in and obtain a visitor badge before entering the main building. The front office staff will direct you to the Attendance Office. There you will need to show proper identification each time you check out a student. If a student is checked out or is tardy more than 3 times in a nine-week grading period, the student will be referred to the discipline office. Please refer to the Marion County Code of Student Conduct about this policy. No one under the age of 18 may be allowed to check out a student. There will be no check-outs after 2:30 p.m.
Evergreen Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on the positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and as a result we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow.
From time to time it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
LUNCH ROOM CONDUCT
We believe the following guidelines will help:
- Raise your hand if you need something.
- Talk softly to others at your table.
- Absolutely no talking when the lights are off.
- Follow dismissal direction.
- Always obey the lunchroom assistants.
- For health reasons, food may not be shared.
- Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated drinks for students and parents are asked not to include these items in their child’s lunchbox.
- Please pay for lunches, extra milk, or juice in the morning before classes begin. No money is accepted in the lunch line.
The following interventions will be used to correct student behavior:
- Verbal correction
- Private conference with student
- Change seat
- Behavior contract
- Parent contact
- Refer to guidance
- Time out
- Conference with Dean
NOTE: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all steps before writing a discipline referral.
REFERRAL TO DEAN’S OFFICE
A student’s failure to respond to the attempts by the teacher and parents to change or correct misconduct will result in a discipline referral being written and the student sent to the Dean’s office. Evergreen Elementary will follow the Marion County Code of Student Conduct for Elementary Schools when a child is sent to the office for disciplinary reasons.
NO TOLERANCE BEHAVIORS
- Blatant disrespect
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol
- Willful disobedience/defiance